Tuesday 27 January 2015

My creations

Thanks to all you lovely ladies who have left welcoming messages on my blog.  I was a little apprehensive about starting a blog as I thought who would read my posts.  As I can see there are a lot of wonderful like minded crafting friends out there to help encourage and inspire my with my passion.

I was visiting a friends house over Christmas and spotted a lovely patchwork table cloth on my friends coffee table.  I loved it so much I went home and placed an order form The Fat Quarter Shop and patiently waited for the fabric to arrive.  I have thrown out the information with the name of the fabric but here it is.



 The fabrics are Christmas prints but I loved the colours so much and wanted to make it as as everyday cloth for my coffee table.



Unfortunately when I made it up it was far too big for the coffee table and will go on my dining table as a center piece.


My next project is a Kiwiana wall hanging I have been making for my wonderful friend in Canada. I was really inspired by a wall hanging my crafting friend Lou had made and went home and tried to replicate it. This photo was taken before I put the binding on it but it gives you an idea.


I loved using the Kiwiana fabrics and want to work on a table runner as well.

Lou and I are also working on a Christmas wall hanging from Annie Downs.  We are going to be doing it as a block of the month.  This is mine to date.  I really wanted to machine applique it but I have just realized my old trusty faithful sewing machine does not do it.  So back to the drawing board.  I have however thrown a few subtle hints to hubby that I will need to invest in a new machine at some stage.



Well I think this should give everyone a insight to my projects.  Thanks for stopping by.


6 comments:

  1. Until that hint is taken, you can always come here and use one of my machines Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, everything looks great. Your tablet topper is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block of the month quilt is going to look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful projects to get you started again that Anni Downs BOM looks as if it will be super cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving seeing your projects. I had to put out those hints as I was having to go over to my Mum's every time I wanted to machine blanket stitch. Definitely worth getting a machine with that feature.

    ReplyDelete