Sunday 1 February 2015

Baby tag blankets

I hope everyone has had a lovely week. I have had a lovely Sunday sewing again.  One of the wee babes I look after  came over last week with a wee minky tag blanket.  I thought it looked so easy to make so decided to give it a go.  It was a bit of a change from doing patchwork but I loved working on something easy and a project I didn't have to think too much about.

The local baby store was selling minky type blankets on special, so I bought up on a few and unpicked the binding to make up my own ones.  It was a much cheaper way of buying the fabric as I got two fabric designs out of one purchased blanket.



They were heaps of fun to make and took no time at all.  Some of them I used the blanket fabric front and back and others I used contrasting fabrics.




My own girls are 12 and 16 and were fighting over the blankets before I unpicked the binding off them. I really think they are far too old to be taking a baby minky to bed with them.



This is one of my 3 cats, Ginger.  He really loves company and comes and joins me while I am sewing.  It's a real pain when he decides to sit on my sewing table on top of the fabrics I need.  I suppose I can't blame him though as the fabric is really soft.


2 comments:

  1. A quilt inspector in training! LOL Debbie, cats who behave in this manner are called inspectors in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use for your tag blankets. Love Ginger, he knows when he's on a good thing just like most quilting cats.

    ReplyDelete