Sunday 22 February 2015

Recycled Bed Linen



Wow the weeks have gone by and I haven't posted.

I have started a small quilt for my parents.  They are in the process of shifting into a small unit after being in the family home for the past 52 years.  As you can imagine they have accumulated so much over the years and there is so much to clean out and declutter.  I wanted to do something special for them so they have something to remember part of the old house and belongings.  My lovely friend Lou suggested that I use some recycled bed linen and make a quilt. 


Some of the bedding was a little well worn and faded but I managed to pick out the best pieces.  I felt some of the patterns and colours didn't really go well together but this is all part of my memories and parents memories.

I love the disappearing nine patch and decided to try this design for the quilt.

I will keep you posted on the progress of the quilt.

I am needing to update my sewing machine at the moment too.  My machine is a Bernina 1120 and doesn't do blanket stitch, which I really need to have to complete my Christmas block of the month that Lou and I are working on.  I have been looking around at machines and found a Janome Skyline S5. I love the look of the machine and am really tempted to purchase one.  What machines do you all use and recommend?  So much choice out there.  This hopefully will be the last machine I purchase so I want it to be a good one and meet all my needs.









No comments:

Post a Comment